PocketHound Covert Mobile Phone Detector is the perfect device for:
- Government buildings (e.g. court rooms)
- Classrooms & Universities (stop cheating students)
- Secured installations (prevent corporate espionage)
- Correctional facilities (detect and locate contraband mobile phones)
PocketHound™ is the industry’s most sensitive mobile phone detector for it’s size. This award-winning* passive receiver is no larger or heavier than a deck of cards and specifically tuned to the RF signature of common mobile phones (both EU & international bands) including all 2G, 3G and 4G bands (PCS, CDMA / WCDMA (UMTS), GSM, EGSM).
This breadth of band detection allows any security personnel to locate nearby mobile phones in either standby mode* or during active voice, text or data RF transmissions making it the perfect TSCM tool for enforcing your NO WIRELESS security policy. PocketHound prevents unauthorised mobile phone use by detecting nearby (up to 75 feet indoors) mobile phones all from your pocket. PocketHound’s auto threshold feature automatically detects mobile phone activity only above the RF noise in your environment. This prevents false triggers and alerts the user to any mobile phone activity with bright LED flashing or vibration for completely covert, in-pocket detection.
- Small enough to fit into your pocket or the palm of your hand
- Auto threshold sets detection level above ambient RF noise to avoid false triggering
- Perfect for prisons, corporate espionage, government secure facilities & schools too
- Internal, integrated flat antenna
- Up to 75 foot detection range indoors
- Superbright LEDs & vibration alerts you all from within your pocket
- Receiver design boasts a dynamic range of -60 dB with user settable sensitivity
- Detects all phones including 2G, 3G, 4G, CDMA, GSM, PCS, UMTS & more
- User selectable up to –50dBm with a resolution of 2dB for detection in a noisy environment (typical of prisons)
- Selectivity rejection of at least 50 dB at 1 MHz from the uplink frequency bands provides high immunity from false triggering caused by base stations, personal communication devices and other sources of interference
- User selectable mobile frequency bands allow the same unit to be used around the world; both USA and international bands supported including 2G, 3G, 4G, GSM, CDMA, PCS, UMTS, WCDMA, AWS, EGSM & more
- Internal Li-ION battery runtime of 2+ hours (extended battery available as option on this product)
- Platinum winner of the 2013 GOVERNMENT SECURITY AWARDS by Security Product News.
- Awarded BEST OF WHAT’S NEW 2012 by Popular Science.
- Includes one year hardware warranty
- Made in the USA
*Standby mode (autonomous registration) varies from base station to base station with phones typically registering between once every few minutes to up to 20 minutes. This time varies greatly based upon carriers, distance from base stations and individual handset manufacturers’ standards.
*PocketHound ships to that region as the default but may be switched to other supported regions at anytime by the user using the included utility software.
|U.S. Bands Supported|
EU / Australia / New Zealand / Israel / Canada / Sweden / Brazil / Japan
Check with our sales team to include your country’s band selection including a custom set of bands
|Antennas Supported||Built-in omni-directional (under front label)|
|USB mini to standard|
|PC Configuration Software|
Does PocketHound identify callers or their phone numbers?
No. PocketHound Mobile Phone Detector is a precision RF cellular scanning device that identifies mobile phone activity (both standby mode and active modes) and assists in locating them. It is a wireless tool used by security officers and personnel that require a NO WIRELESS security policy.
How far away can I detect mobile phones?
Typical range is about 75 feet but this varies depending upon the environment.
Does the intensity of the vibration correspond to signal strength or distance from a phone?
No, the vibration of the PocketHound remains constant regardless of the signal strength.
Can I detect phones in standby mode?
PocketHound can detect phones in the standby mode but keep in mind when a phone is ON in standby it is not constantly transmitting. Phones register to the local cell tower/base station at different intervals that the tower/carrier determines (could be every so many seconds, minutes, 5 minutes, or we have seen 20 minutes). When a phone registers it is a short pulse less than 1 sec so the BLUE LED will light up quickly and vibrator will not vibrate because the pulse is so short. Easy test is if you take your phone and put it next to PocketHound and shut off your phone completely wait a few minutes then turn the phone on your phone should try to register to the base station and you should see a short flash on the pockethound.